Believe. Connect. Proclaim.

Click here to edit subtitle

1957

The Guilford Bible Church began in a small one-room schoolhouse located near the lake at 33450 State Route 172.

 

1967

The name was changed to “Lisbon Baptist Temple,” and the fall of the same year, the members moved into a newly erected basement building located on State Route 45, north of Lisbon.

 

1973

Groundbreaking services were held to begin construction of the current church building.

 

1985

Groundbreaking ceremonies for the Lisbon Baptist Academy were held, and the students began meeting that fall in what is now the Fellowship Hall. Spring of 2007 was the final graduating class before the school closed.

 

1991

Groundbreaking ceremonies for the Lisbon Baptist Academy were held, and the students began meeting that fall in what is now the Fellowship Hall. Spring of 2007 was the final graduating class before the school closed.

 

2014

Pastor Matthew Phillips became the senior pastor, succeeding Pastor Chuck Cusick’s 31 years as pastor.